(no subject)

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 21:22:59 -0500

At 03:46 PM 7/8/98 +1000, Donald Howes wrote:
>The thing about the egg developing was intersting, and I see your point,
>but I think that it is one of those cases where based on the assumption
>that evolution happened, it seems possible. Without that assumption, a
>conclusion couldn't be reached. Makes it harder to know what to think,
>because if evolution was true, then there would be lots of question
>answered by saying, "evolution happened, and they're here now, so they must
>have evolved, so here's one way it could have happened". Unfortunately, I
>don't think its that clear cut, or at least I haven't grasped it yet, which
>makes it hard to know what to do about that kind of assumption.

Let me suggest 2 things wrong with the above approach. One thing is
absolutely certain, the lowest rock in the sedimentary column is the
oldest. The uppermost rock in a sedimentary column is the youngest (the
exceptions are so small and few as to be irrelevant). This means that the
fossils found in the lowest rocks are the oldest and those found above are
relatively younger.

What this means is that we can arrange fossils in a relative age sequence.
And we find that in the lowest rocks, the Cambrian we find Olenellus
trilobites and NO eggs, not dinosaurs, no mammals, etc. This is true
world wide. So what we can conclude is that when olenellus was deposited
in the lowest Cambrian there were no dogs, whales, fish or eggs. The data
suggests that dogs, fish, dinos, eggs, birds etc appeared on earth later,
that is in the higher, younger rocks. So the question is why did they
appear later? Evolution has a great explanation for why they appear later.
Anti-evolutionists don't. If evolution did not occur then all it would
take to disprove evolution is to find dogs, whales, eggs, fish, birds etc
in the LOWEST, OLDEST rocks along with olenellus. But we don't.

So, what is wrong with the above is that you are merely saying that you
don't believe that evolution happened. What you should do is find evidence
that disproves evolution, such as eggs in the Cambrian or precambrian. If
all the modern species were to be found in the Cambrian, evolution would be
absolutely false and the fossil record would support instantaneous
creation. As it is, the lowest Cambrian deposits have no living genus,
much less a living species. In fact, I would be surprised to find that it
has even a single modern family.

>>Psalm 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat
>>from God.
>>
>>So I would conclude that your speculation that God made peacock feathers
>>for beauty is not as plausible as believing that God created them to slow
>>the peacock down.
>>

>You got me again, thats a good point that I didn't think of. Cool, it's
>good to learn!

Learning is what I find most fun about these lists. I can't think of
another subject other than Creation/Evolution, that forces one to learn
about so many, many areas of science.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood