Re: Denton a Christian? (was Growing problems?????)

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:25:12 +0800

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4820800=_=_=_

Glenn

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:23:34 -0500, Glenn R. Morton wrote:

>RC>To quote Denton in EVOLUTION: A THEORY IN CRISIS. pp 358.
>>"The mystery of mysteries - the origin of new beings on earth - is still
>>largely as enigmatic as when Darwin set sail on the Beagle."

GM>Yes, but I keep asking. Can you document that that is what they are saying
>without going to a christian book? (and Denton is a Christian)

Even if Denton is now a Christian (which is news to me), he wasn't in 1985
when he write Evolution: A Theory in Crisis. Ten years later in 1995, Denton
was still rejecting Intelligent Design calling it "an occultist type of theory":

"There are various forms of teleological theories, extending from Creationist
intervention theories to nature mysticism. But these theories are (I don't want
to be derogatory) an occultist type of theory." (Denton M., "An Interview With
Michael Denton," Origins Research, vol. 15, no. 2.
http://www.mrccos.com/arn/orpages/or152/dent.htm)

In his latest book, "Nature's Destiny: How the Laws of Biology Reveal
Purpose in the Universe," which Amazon.com has just advised me has
become available, I understand that Denton defends a version of the
Anthropic principle, which is not normally regarded as a Christian
position.

So can you please substantiate your claim that Denton is now a Christian?

Steve

"Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented."
--- Dr. William Provine, Professor of History and Biology, Cornell University.
http://fp.bio.utk.edu/darwin/1998/slides_view/Slide_7.html

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)