Re: Dawkins' video (was: a transitional turtle)

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:22:11 -0500

>>>Sorry to barge in but Ron what do you mean specifically by "increase in
information at the DNA level"? Are we talking about total DNA content,
number of genes, copies of genes, changes in posttranscriptional
modification? This phrase is to vague to really evaluate as presently
not-defined. I guess the question is what constitutes the information you
refer to?<<<

Genetic information, primarily. Pseudogenes represent information that
apparently has been lost, but there is no known mechanism that I know of
that shows an increase in information complexity that had to occur for one
primordial gene to eventually provide the information that would produce a
man.

Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth
shall make you free. John 8:32
Ron Chitwood