Re: Dawkins' video (was: a transitional turtle)

RJD (virkotto@intrnet.net)
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 17:55:57 -0500

At 05:10 PM 6/6/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>on this tape.
>Take what I say and look at the tape again and see if I am not correct<<<
>
>Sorry, I saw the tape at a MIOS meeting and, at present at least, do not
>have a chance to review it again. I will do that, based on your
>suggestions, if given a chance. The point that was made still holds,
>however. There is no recorded instance of an increase in DNA information.
>Decreases, yes - increases, no. (Can the DNA be tested on this to prove
>anything other than microevolution occurred. If it can, Richard Dawkins
>needs to be informed. He was totally ignorant of any finding that showed an
>increase in
>information at the DNA level has ever occurred )

Sorry to barge in but Ron what do you mean specifically by "increase in
information at the DNA level"? Are we talking about total DNA content,
number of genes, copies of genes, changes in posttranscriptional
modification? This phrase is to vague to really evaluate as presently
not-defined. I guess the question is what constitutes the information you
refer to?

Regards,

Joel Duff

Postdoc