Re: Glenn wrote:

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:37:03 -0500

>>>Actually you were the one who raised efficiency as an argument against
evolution. On Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 02:12:43 -0500<<<

No, I wasn't (Because evolution takes a long time and it is more efficient
to save the
animals the LAND had already brought forth! What is so difficult about
that? ) This is your post, Glenn

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.. Pr. 3:5
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net

----------
> From: Glenn R. Morton <grmorton@waymark.net>
> To: Ron Chitwood <chitw@flash.net>; EVOLUTION@calvin.edu
> Subject: Re: Glenn wrote:
> Date: Saturday, May 30, 1998 3:19 PM

> >Bible?<<<<
> >
> >Non sequitur again. The Bible doesn't say it, you said it.
>
> Actually you were the one who raised efficiency as an argument against
> evolution. On Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 02:12:43 -0500
>
> you wrote:
>
> >>It would be more 'efficient', by the way, for God to create immediately
> >>begin with rather than ooze through the slow, inefficient,
> >>macroevolutionary, hit-or-miss process you apparently think HE did,
> >>wouldn't it?
>
> I was merely asking what is the theological basis for using efficiency as
> way to determine what God did. I don't find a requirement that God be
> efficient as you seem to be arguing.
>

> >Both of these people assume macroevolution to be true and base their
> >descriptions of embyology on it.
>
> Maybe they have looked at the evidence and CONCLUDED that evolution is
> true. They didn't wake up one morning and decide 'I think I will assume
> evolution for the rest of my life'.
>

> It is precisely like what was written in
> >medieval times assuming geocentrism to be true and basing their
> >descriptions of the heavens on that. Now don't attempt to deflect that
by
> >saying 'Christianity taught that'. That is irrelevant. The point being
> >that the assumption is wrong in the 1st place.
>
> Actually I agree here. It is PRECISELY like what the medieval's did.
But