Re: Read what I said again (was "Stephen Jones" <sejones@ibm.net>:...)

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 05:10:00 +0800

Burgy

On Wed, 27 May 1998 15:25:29 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:

>>SJ>I am migrating my computer to an all-Windows environment.
>Alas, I have finally abandoned OS/2>>

>JWB>You will find (I predict) that WINDOWS 95 is ALMOST
>up to the usefulness of OS/2 four years ago, although
>much murkier in use. I use it because I must; Billy has won.
>
>I hate it!

Actually I have grown to like Windows 95c with its 32-bit file
system. My new 200mhz bus-mastered Pentium with 32Mb of
SDRAM and Ultra-DMA 2.5G hard disk helps as well!

I was going to send this to you privately because it was off-topic, but
I will turn it into on-topic.

Firstly, the email package I am using is PMMail 98, which is the Win95/NT
version of the OS/2 mailer I used. I recommend it. But it has a HTML formatting
switch which I sometimes forget to turn off. Is anyone having trouble reading
my emails due to incompatible formats?

Secondly, one of the reasons I didn't like Windows is that Bill Gates is reputed
to be a major supporter of Darwinism. Do you (or anyone else) know if this is
true? Certainly, Charles Simonyi, Microsoft's Chief Software Architect, has endowed
Dawkins' Chair of Public Understanding of Science at Oxford:

"I should like to thank Charles Simonyi, not only for his immense
generosity in endowing the post in Public Understanding of Science
which I now hold at Oxford...." (Dawkins R., "Climbing Mount Improbable,"
1996, p.viii).

Steve

"Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented."
--- Dr. William Provine, Professor of History and Biology, Cornell University.
http://fp.bio.utk.edu/darwin/1998/slides_view/Slide_7.html

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)