Re: Introduction

Ed Brayton (cynic@net-link.net)
Fri, 29 May 1998 12:11:41 -0400

Adam Shohet wrote:

> I joined this list about a week ago and perhaps now is as good a time as
> any to introduce myself.
> I am a 23yr old evolutionary biologist and I am currently studying for a
> Ph.D in the area of sexual selection.
>
> Right that's the introductions over with. Now I have a question. How much
> discussion of actual issues is conducted on this list? I don't mean this
> as a slur against anyone, but to date about 75% of postings that I have
> read have dealt primarily with accusations against individuals. If someone
> could fill me in on the current thread under discussion I would be very
> grateful.
>
> In the meantime I will sit back and wait for the pinching and eye-poking to
> commence.

Hi Adam. You just happened to join the list at a time when there is a
rather acrimonious exchange going on between a few of us, but I assure
you that most of the time the discussions are quite substantive. If you
http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/ you'll see that the discussions
are usually quite good. Welcome to the list. What school do you go to,
by the way?

Ed