Re: Glenn's ad hominems FAQ (A-Z)

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 06:00:52 +0800

Group

Here are the latest additions to the Glenn's ad hominems FAQ:

BLAMING OTHERS FOR HIS FAILURES

Blaming others for his failure to explain what he means:

Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:11:51 -0500
To: "Stephen Jones" <sejones@ibm.net>,
"evolution@calvin.edu" <evolution@calvin.edu>
From: "Glenn R. Morton" <grmorton@waymark.net>
Subject: Re: Glenn's ad hominems FAQ (was half-evolved feather pt 2)

[...]

GM>It is a sense of frustration, sincere frustration that you apparently have
>not studied the nature of biological classification at all.

This is another ad hominem. You are accusing me of having "not studied the
nature of biological classification at all" (which is untrue) because you cannot
explain what you mean about why "dinosaurs" which "had feathers" would
"not be called birds".

LOFTY TONE

Usually prefaced by "Sigh" as of great man tired of answering silly questions
from inferior beings.

Translation: Glenn can't answer the question, so he pretends it is the
questioner's fault for asking it.

Examples are: