Re: Destructive criticism of Christian apologists (was

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Sun, 24 May 1998 13:36:22 -0600

24 May 1998 07:48:49 -0500, Glenn R. Morton wrote:

> >What is your opinion of the origin of the Pittsburg? Allochthonous or
> >autochthonous? What would the "observatioanly correct facts" about this
> >coal be?

> I replied at Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:40:26 -0500 :
> >I have already said that I would grant that some are. Not all. And I don't
> >think you have proven your case that all are either. Because your model
> >should have some coals in the deep ocean basin. There are none.
>
> As I have pubically stated to you on at least 2 earlier occasions, I will
> grant that some coals are allochthonous. That does not mean that all coals
> are allochthonous. What part of the above do you not understand.

Thanks for your patience with me on this, Glenn. What I do not
understand is, when I ask you a specific question about a specific coal
seam, instead of giving me a straightforward answer, you wander off into
the deep blue sea, or now into coal/root ratios. You, Glenn, are the
one who is concerned about making "observationally correct facts" of
empirical data. All I am asking is that you give us a logical inference
of origin based upon the cited (from Corliss) empirical data of the
15,000 sq. mile Pittsburg group. To say that "some are. Not all." is
sort of mushy. Is it possible for you to give us a nice, crisp "yes" or
"no" to the question, "Is the Pittsburg Coal allochthonous?"

Bill