Re: Glenn wrote: a clarification

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 22 May 1998 18:37:09 -0500

At 08:42 PM 5/21/98 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:
>>>To me if Noah is a myth, then Luke 3:36 drew Jesus' genalogy through a
>mythical person. >>
>
>Glenn, your god is too small.
>(IMHO of course).
>
>So many other possibilities:
>
>1. The "Noah" referred to is not the flood guy
>2. The text is corrupted
>3. Luke just repeated "popular knowledge"
>4. etc.

Maybe my God is too small, but as I have mentioned to you before, I would
prefer that God tell me the truth since I must trust Him with my immortal
soul. If I can't trust God to inspire a relatively true account, then how
can I be sure that when I get to heaven God doesn't simply say "Jokes on
you, you aren't saved."? Or worse if the text is so corrupted that Noah
isn't real, how do I know WHO corrupted it? And what else is corrupted?
Was it medieval monks who corrupted it? Is the part about the resurrection
corrupted? Going that route means to me a lack of certainty.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood