Re: Hello, I'm new.

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Thu, 21 May 1998 21:39:59 -0600

Teena Della wrote:

> For my own peace of mind though I'd like to settle
> two questions: 1. Is the seven days of creation seven literal days or
> billions of years. Can we trust radiometric dating? 2. The
> evolution/creation argument is another dilemma for me. I believe God did
> create us but "how?" is my question.

Hi Teena,

Glad to meet you and to hear of your struggle with reconciling the Bible
and geology. I'm reading a very interesting book which deals with both
of your excellent questions: "Faith, Reason, and Earth History" by
Leonard Brand.

Glenn and I had a discussion on the origin of the Pittsburg coal seam
which you might find interesting (go to the following site, sort by
subject, and look for coal)

http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/199804/

Shortly, I hope to critique a paper of Bob Gastaldo (regarding the
origin of coal) which I presented on the site above.

Bill