RE: Where is Geology 401?

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:35:17 -0500

Dario,

Did the geologists -claim- to know exactly when the mountain was going to
erupt, and so were mistaken in their "guess"?

If it were so, that would be one point anyway against taking geologist's
claims as highly reliable.

Since that isn't the case, it sounds like you're only saying that geologists
are neither omniscient or infallible, each of which is uncontroversial,
obviously.

But just as obviously, these give no weight whatever to your claim that "in
reality most of the time they are guessing." It's just a non sequitur.

--John