Re: Yet more denigrating of Apologists (was Why?)

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:06:34 -0500

The point I was making was that both sides can claim instances where they
were swayed by public opinion to alter their beliefs. Lippert was swayed
to recant Christianity by the opinions of so-called 'experts' and the
administration officials caved into the attacks by evolutionists over not
showing the NOVA program since it promoted an evolutionism religion. It is
very hard to maintain a position you believe in when you seem alone in it.

>>> When a YEC claims that the earth
> was created 6000 years ago and there was a global flood 4500 years ago
> that killed off everyone, most people with a hint of a science education
> begin to snicker. <<<

There are many on this that do not believe that yet are Creationists.
Stephen Jones for one. I am open on the question of 6000 year ago
creation, but there is no doubt in my mind that there was a flood, a
world-wide flood. There is too much evidence, circumstantial though it may
be, that it occurred. For instance, the story of a global flood is part
and parcel of cultures world-wide.

The constantly fluctuating opinions of men over the centuries have
convinced me that man, generically speaking, hasn't a clue to what really
happened at creation or the flood, only opinion, and to speak of it as
fact, as macroevolutionists do, is most depressing.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.. Pr. 3:5
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net