Re: half-evolved feather pt 2

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:57:33 -0500

At 11:08 AM 4/17/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>fossil evidence that change, including macrochanges, in living things has
>occurred in history. Anyone who denies that is, I think, either woefully
>ignorant or disingenuous. <<<
>
>Count me as one of those. I know of no verified accounts of that happening.
> Please enlighten me.

Ron, it is in the data that you specifically refused (in private e-mail
dated 4-7-98 ) to go and verify when I asked you to check me out. Of course
you have no 'verified accounts' if you yourself refuse to go verify the data
that others do. I won't publish that private e-mail without your permission
but it would be good to ask you publically, would you go verify the data
that I just presented about the fish? If you have changed your mind that is ok.

Here is a list of the fish genera throughout geologic time, once again.
Notice that there are NO extant genera alive before the Jurassic. I will
tell you that the oldest species of fish I have any evidence for, and it is
based upon a single tooth, is for a modern species of shark having lived in
the Cretaceous.

youngest
period
# Fish genera # living genera # extinct genera
Recent 3245 3245 0
Pleistocene 422 408 14
Pliocene 416 372 44
Miocene 496 320 176
Oligocene 321 207 114
Eocene 398 157 241
Paleocene 124 53 71
Cretaceous 340 38 302
Jurassic 146 5 141 Below this no modern genera
Triassic 175 0 175
Permian 86 0 86
Pennsylvanian 106 0 106
Mississippian 163 0 163