Re: fish and the flood

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 19:02:51 -0500

GM>>> went to my database so I could get things correct. The source for
this
is Carroll, Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution.<<<<

Again, why are you so sure your sources are correct and mine wrong? You
did not do field work in this area apparently so rely on scholarship
predisposed to macroevolution. The Encyclopedia Britannica never would
have made that reference without backing of their own. So far, Michael
Denton, Morris and Parker, Encyclopedia Britannica and me are incorrect.
If you read Michael Behe's THE BLACK BOX I'm sure you will find him wrong,
too. They disagree with your position. Apparently your selection of whom
to believe and whom not to believe is based on your opinion, an opinion
that must change as more and more information becomes available opposing
the macroevolutionary theory .

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.. Pr. 3:5
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net

----------
> From: Glenn Morton <grmorton@waymark.net>
> To: Ron Chitwood <chitw@flash.net>; evolution@calvin.edu
> Subject: Re: fish and the flood
> Date: Sunday, April 05, 1998 8:13 PM
>
> Hi Ron,

> >>million years ago, but in 1938 a living member (Latimeria chalumnae)
was
> >>netted in the Indian Ocean near the southern coast of Africa<<<
> >
> >Apparently I learned English in a different system. To my unwashed mind
> >this refers to Latimera being presumeably extinct until a coelacanth was
> >caught.
>
> I went to my database so I could get things correct. The source for
this
> is Carroll, Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution.
>
> Coelacanths refers to the biological family Coelecanthidae. Here are the
> known fossil Coelacanth genera and note that Latimera, the modern genera,
is
> not listed.
>
> Class Order suborder amily Genus
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Axelia
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Bunoderma
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Chinlea
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Coccoderma
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae
Coelocanthropsis
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae
Coelacanthus
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Cualabaea
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Diplurus
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae
Graphiurichthys
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Heptanema
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Libys
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Macropoma
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae
Macropomoides
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Mawsonia
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Miguashaia
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Moenkopia
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Mylacanthus
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Piveteauvia
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Rhipis
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae Sassenia
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae
Scleracanthus
> Sarcopterygii Crossopterygii Coelacanthiformes Coelacanthidae
Sinocoelacanthus