Re: half-evolved feathers

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 20:07:35 -0600

GM>>>Feduccia and Wild relate:

"Megalancosaurus, in combination with Longisquama, a Lower
Triassic thecodont with featherlike scales and furcula, render
this group (basal archosaurs, including thecodonts) the most
liekly candidate for proximity to avian ancestry."~A. Feduccia
and R. Wild, "Birdlike Characters in the Triassic Archosaur
Megalancosaurus," Naturwissenschaften, 80(1993):564-566

It would appear that the antievolutionary claim is not verified by
observational data.<<<<

Why do you assume they are right and Morris and Parker are wrong. Couldn't
their observations be erroneous and based on their predisposition to
macroevolution? As an example, observations concluded that Neanderthal
man was brutish , sub-human and walked with a stoop until it was
discovered that the speciman they had been examining merely suffered from
rickets. After that the dioramas of museums all over the world had to be
modified to fit the findings. One time it was a geocentric earth that was
considered sacrosanct based on Ptolemaic observations. Galileo had to
recant of his findings or find himself excommunicated. The observations of
one generation easily become shortcomings in the next. In 1860 the French
Academy of Science postulated 51 findings that proved the Bible wrong.
Today not one is accepted. I could go on and on but the point is made.
glenn

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.. Pr. 3:5
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net