Re: Evolution debate

Karen L Johnson (botanist1@juno.com)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 22:01:11 -0600

On Thu, 05 Mar 1998 18:39:08 -0600 grmorton@waymark.net (Glenn Morton)
writes:

>But I am not accepting this apology naively. I am working under the
>assumption that you are in fact, Trivers,

I am not Trivers. This is absurd.

Trivers >was still on the list March 1. You, botanist1@juno.com, were
not on the
>list, >inspite of your claim that you have been on the list for months.
You
>do >appear on the list March 3 when I repeated the majordomo request
and
>saw >that Trivers left and your name had appeared. You were the very
last
>individual in the list.

Glenn, you do need a rest. I mean this in a friendly way. Your
facts are correct but your conclusion is wrong. I have been on and off
this list at least 3 times over the last 6 weeks. My computer system
requires a backup at least once a week and that requires I delete
personal applications. Each week I must create a new personal email
account (Juno, Imail, or one of several other free services). I usually
do this on Monday or Tuesday. (It depends on my workload). I always use
my real name in letters but my email account name changes frequently.

It may interest you to know that there was apparently a large
spam of content relating to this list a couple of weeks ago on
government servers. It got me, and I'm sure, several others interested
in this list on a more full-time basis.

Nothing like a little publicity.

>. The only remarks >I saw >with regard to the Eve hypothesis were made
by Trivers which is >another >reason to suspect that you are one and the
same. If you are not, then >you >have done the best job making it look
like that.

I was simply commenting on the exchange between you and Trivers.
I stand by my assertion that the Eve Hypothesis is fallacy and that
species only arise from populations. It's a fundamental of population
genetics. I was frustrated to see long discourses that ignored basic
principles and gave credibility to far-out theories.

Thank you for accepting my apology.

Come back and debate soon.

Take care,
Karen

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]