Re: 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:16:40 -0600

At 08:16 AM 1/19/98 -0600, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>I can ALWAYS depend on you for a spirited defense of your position, Glenn.

My bosses always tell me I am dependable. :-)

> >>Everywhere
>else on earth trilobites are always found in rocks which lie below those
>which contain birds and dinosaurs. And birds and dinosaurs are always found
>
>beneath those which contain whales and primates.<<
>Don't have an immediate answer for that, but will look it up. There is a
>reference to the trilobite in THE GENESIS FLOOD by Henry Morris. Someone I
>do not think you would consider an authority. Anyway, on page 179 he lists
>this source for trilobites still possibly living. LIVING FOSSIL RESEMBLES
>LONG-EXTINCT TRILOBITE. Science Digest, Vol. 42, Dec. 1957. If that is
>true, its just a matter of time until a fossil is found above the cambrian
>layer.

Trilobites are found above the Cambrian. They are found from the Cambrian
to the Permian and then are found no more. I can also tell you that there
are lots of other animals that are only found in a restricted part of the
geologic column and thus are found in an invariant order whereever they are
found. I love the Ammonite index fossils. Ammonite species are determined
by the shape of the suture that connects successive sections of the Ammonite
shell. The suture can be simple or quite complex. The size ranges of the
various ammonites species are similar so hydrodynamic sorting should not
account for the layering of ammonites by suture shape. Here are the
world-wide layering of ammonites.

Portlandian Titanites giganteus
Glaucolithites gorei
Zaraiskites albani

Kimeridgian Pavolvia pallasioides
Pavolvia rotunda
Pectinatites pectinatus
Subplanites wheatleyensis
Subplanites spp.
Gravesia gigas
Gravesia gravesiana
Aulacostephanus pseudomutabilis
Rasenia mutabilis
Rasenia cymodoce
Pictonia baylei

Oxfordian Ringsteadia pseudocordata
Decipia decipiens
Perisphinctes cautisnigrae
Perisphinctes plicatilis
Cardioceras cordatum
Quenstedtoceras mariae

Middle Jurassic

Callovian Quenstedtoceras lamberti
Peltoceras athleta
Erymnoceras coronatum
Kosmoceras jason
Sigaloceras calloviense
Proplanulites koenigi
Macrocephalites macrocephalus

Bathonian Clydoniceras discus
Oppelia aspidoides
Tulites subcontractus
Gracilisphinctes progracilis
Zigzagiceras zigzag

Bajocian Parkinsonia parkinsoni
Garantiana garantiana
Strenoceras subfurcatum
Stephanoceras humphriesianum
Otoites sauzei
Sonninia sowerbyi
Ludwigia murchisonae
Tmetoceras scissum
Leioceras opalinum

Lower Jurassic

Toarcian Lytoceras jurense
Hildoceras bifrons
Harpoceras falcifer
Dactylioceras tenuicostatum

Pliensbachian Pleuroceras spinatum
Amaltheus margaritatus
Prodactylioceras davoei
Tragophylloceras ibex
Uptonia jamesoni

Sinemurian Echioceras raricostatum
Oxynoticeras oxynotum
Asteroceras obtusum
Euasteroceras turneri
Arnioceras semicostatum
Arietites bucklanidi

Hettangian Schlotheimia angulata
Psiloceras planorbis

~W.J. Arkell, Jurassic Geology of the World,(Edinburgh: Oliver
and Boyd, 1956), p. 10-11

Standard Stages and Ammonite zones of the Jurassic of NW Europe.

"From the Hettangian up to the Middle Kimeridgian these stages
can be recognized all over the world, but after that the scheme
breaks down owing to regional differentiation of faunas." IBID p.
8

WHY should ammonites be layered WORLDWIDE by suture shape????? Evolution is
the only answer where various animals evolved and died out at successive times.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood