RE: long life from a pill

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:14:37 -0600

Glenn,

The scientists involved also say this won't necessarily increase life-span,
but may help with what they called "health-span".

I don't know -why- it wouldn't help with life-span, but that's what they
said.

It seems a fountain of youth for the individuals cells does not imply a
fountain of youth for the organism as a whole. (Or maybe they were just
being conservative, meaning only that the former does not -necessarily-
imply the latter, based on our current understanding.)

--John

York

http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/news/national/sci-cells-lifespan.html