Re: How deep the flood? -Reply

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:55:35 -0600

Hi Kevin,

At 03:39 PM 1/14/98 -0600, Kevin Koenig wrote:
>Excuse me for eavesdropping in on this discussion. I've been
>following it for awhile and believe I may be able to contribute
>something to the discussion.

Thank you for your contribution. I learned a bit about those lizards from
you. This is a public forum and a public discussion. Feel free to jump into
the fray anytime.

>I've noticed that no one has mentioned sources of vegetation
>growing underwater (Or for that matter submerged land based
>vegetation) nor have they mentioned tail marks in the preserved
>sediment.

To me the issue is trying to fit the tracks into the global flood
hypothesis. I don't think it can be done. I am trying to goad (very
unsuccessfully) my good friend Art into a discussion of how tracks are to be
accounted for in a model in which most of the geologic column must be
deposited in a single year or so.

Your comment about vegetation raises an interesting point which I think goes
against the global flood You mention vegetation growing underwater. This
could not be the case if the deposition was exceptionally rapid. There
would be no time for the vegetation to grow. Because of this there would be
no veggies for them to eat.

Further some tracks show that life was going on as normal during what was
supposed to be the flood. Consider this. At Purgatoire Valley Colorado,
Brontosaurs stepped on and crushed things under their feet.

"It was not just the sediment that was disturbed; at one level
clams have been crushed and destroyed by the impact of brontosaur
feet and plant stems have been flattened into the limey lakeshore
sediments."~Martin Lockley and Adrian P. Hunt, Dinosaur Tracks,
(New York: Columbia University Press, 1995), p. 173

The fact that stems were crushed into the mud implies that there was time
for the plants to grow there. This is inconsistent with a global flood. The
fact that heavy clams were in the soft mud 5000 or more feet above the
basement implies that they grew there. Then there was time for the dinosaur
to tromp them into the ground.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood