Re: Dust and vanity

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 01 Jan 1998 14:38:14 -0600

Hi Stephen,

You need to brush up on the birds and the bees,

At 10:00 PM 1/1/98 +0800, Stephen Jones wrote:

>There are a few problems with your chromosomal fusion theory. First,
>if 2 chromosomes out of the apes 48 were fused, that would leave 47
>chromosomes, not 46. Are you advocating two 2-way fusions or one
>3-way fusion?

I should have said 2 chromosome pairs fused. The human has 46 chromsomes
arranged in 23 pairs. The apes have 48 chromosomes arranged in 24 pair. Two
pair fusing gives 23 pair left and thus 46 chromosomes. By the way you can
see the remarkable similarities between our chromosomes and the apes
chromosomes in the article

Jorge J.
Yunis and Om Prakash, "The Origin of Man: A CHromosomal Pictorial Legacy,"
Science March 1982, p. 1525.

>Secondly, since the adult human body contains 100 trillion cells
>(Stringer C., & McKie R., "African Exodus", 1997, p117), each with
>the same number chromosomes, are you claiming that God performed
>not one chromosomal fusion in this ape but 100 trillion?

Stephen, Stephen, you forget that man starts with a single cell, a
fertilized egg. If the fusion happens here, then it will be in all the 100
trillion cells derived from that egg. What kind of biology do they teach
down in Australia?

>Third, the genetic difference between man and ape is much wider than
>just a chromosomal fusion: "The genetic differences between humans
>and chimps are minor, but they include at least ten large inversions
>and translocations." (Gould S.J., "Ever Since Darwin", Penguin:
>London, 1977, p55).

Yes and there has been 5 million years for these things to occur. And an
inversion is merely the turning of a region of a chromosome upside down.
The material inside the inversion is still quite similar to that of the Chimp.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood