Re: Dust and vanity

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 17:33:13 -0600

At 03:08 PM 12/30/97 -0500, jim bell wrote:

>Arguing in your ballpark, Glenn, the Ecclesiastes text is more consistent
>with Genesis 1:24: "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living
>creatures..."

Thank you Jim, It is nice to have you back. I have always viewed Genesis
1:24 as indicating secondary causation in the creation of the critters. The
land did the bringing forth at God's command. In a sense, God let the land
do it and He didn't get his hands dirty. :-)

>"I would contend that
>Eccl. 3:19-20 is consistent with the view I have advocated that Adam was
>created from living matter, an ape. I have advocated that Adam was the
>victim of a chromosomal fusion (apes have 48 chromosomes; man has 46)."
>
>I forgot, Glenn. What's the Hebrew word for "chromosomal fusion" again?

ADAM! :-)

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood