Re: Macroevolution

Lloyd Eby (leby@nova.umuc.edu)
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 22:10:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Russell T. Cannon wrote:

(snip)

> the issue is whether natural
> mechanisms account for everything from the Big Bang to the present.

It seems to me that one of the central isues is just what "natural
mechanisms" are. Are they different from supernatural ones? -- assuming
that there are some supernatural ones. Could one, by empirical
observation, distinguish between a natural and a supernatural mechanism
(or event)? If an event or mechanism seems supernatural, is that simply
because our understanding or account of natural is deficient?

Lloyd Eby