Re: TV Debate?

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noevalley.com)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:03:39 -0800

Greg Billock wrote:

> Hi. Did anyone see the 'Firing Line' TV show a couple of days
> ago? I guess Behe, Johnson, and Berlinski were on it, debating
> with several folks from the opposing side. Any reflections?
> Impressions?

Same old stuff. Behe and Berlinski were not as impressive or as
much fun as I'd expected. The British philosopher at least had some
perspective and good will. Mainly I was reflecting on how important
are style, strength, and preparation, in these things. If Johnson
had something original going for himself in biology, he's be quite
a figure.

There's a problem of levels--materialistic thinking is a subset of
religious thinking. Should evolutionary biologists recognize
creationism? Why should they? It has no connection to their science.

-- Cliff Lundberg ~ San Francisco ~ cliff@noevalley.com