Re: More problems for Glenn's Mediterranean Flood theory

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 19:58:40 -0500

Stephen has listed a number of his objections. I want to set this objection
apart. It illustrates the unfortunate lack of serious thought going into the
criticism that Stephen has leveled. Those who want to use Stephen's
objections should certainly consider this representative objection.

Stephen objected to the Mediterranean basin as being too hot for life to
live down there. He wrote:

>4. The temperatures of the water at the bottom of the dried-up
>Mediterranean seafloor was over 35 degrees C, which would have
>ensured that no one would have (or even could have) lived there.

STEPHEN. THINK ABOUT THIS. In your zeal to
prove me wrong, which seems to be your life goal now, you miss the fact that
35 degrees Centigrade is 95 degrees fahrenheit. It was hotter than that here
in Dallas today!!!!! I didn't see anyone die from it except maybe an old person
who has lost the ability to sweat efficiently. We do not have people dying in
the streets here even when it gets up to 48 deg. C or 120 deg. F. Where I
grew up, in southern Oklahoma, every summer we had several days in a row of 120+
F. While I didn't move alot in the heat of the day, I lived.
In 1981, Dallas had 42 straight days of above 38 deg. C and 69 days
throughout the summer. The humidity was also around 70% so this place was
miserable, but most of us lived.

I understand part of the Australian outback reaches these hellish
temperatures also, yet the aborigines live quite nicely thank you.

Are you willing to admit that this was a silly objection to my views?

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood