Re: Origin of life, thermodynamics 2/2 #1B

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Thu, 17 Jul 97 18:43:12 +0800

Pim

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 20:51:49 -0400, Pim van Meurs wrote:

[...]

>SJ>But I do claim that "physical/chemical process" *alone* is
>incomplete to account for the "origin of life". For example, ink on
>a page follows the laws of "physical/chemical process", but that is
>incomplete to account for writing.

>PM>Irrelevant comparisson.

>SJ>More of what you once called "argument by assertion". Please explain
>*why* you claim that it is an "Irrelevant comparison".

PM>Evolution or abiogenesis is more than a random variation on
>physical laws.

Please elaborate. This seems to support what I have been saying ("that
`physical/chemical process' *alone* is incomplete to account for the
`origin of life' and undermine what you have been saying ("that origin
of life is" not "somehow different from other physical/chemical
process"):