Re: Question

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Sat, 12 Jul 97 18:10:33 +0800

John

On Mon, 07 Jul 1997 13:40:16 -0400, John Tant, N4XAN wrote:

JT>Does anyone know anything about a Dr. Mace Baker? He's been invited
>to my church to speak on dinosaurs. I understand that he's an associate
>at the (in)famous TX site. The flyer says he has a PhD from Pacific
>International University in Australia (which I assume to be different
>from Pacific College of Graduate Studies, the infamous degree mill.)
>Any other details folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

[...]

Plimer claims that "Pacific International University in Australia"
is indeed affiliated with "Pacific College of Graduate Studies, the
infamous degree mill":

"Baugh's degree from Pacific College (aliases Pacific College
Incorporated, Pacific College of Graduate Studies and Pacific
International University) can be traced to a private organisation in
Melbourne which embraces creationism and is headed by a Dr Clifford
Wilson. Institution accreditation in Australia can be checked
through the Australian Vice-Chancellors Committee, state depart
ments of education or the Department of Employment, Education and
Training. Pacific College is not an accredited degree-granting
institution in Australia nor is there an academically-recognised
Pacific International University." (Plimer I.R., "Telling Lies for
God", 1994, p146).

While I would urge caution in accepting Plimer's statements about
creationists at face-value (he has been found wrong on a number of
occasions), he has provided plenty of detail which can be checked. I would
therefore assume it is factual.

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439 (These are |