Re: Neanderthal spelunking

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:56:05 -0500

At 10:11 PM 7/10/97 +0800, Stephen Jones wrote:

>The only people who claim that all hominids that are in the genus
>Homo are fully human are yourself and YECs:

So is this supposed to make me blush???? Should I hang my head in shame that
I and the YECs agree on something???? Such ad hominems are useless. I have
no shame and when the YECs are correct, I will support them in their
correctness. I care too much for truth to worry about what company that
places me in.

>Thanks to Glenn for these quotes, which, as all his quotes on this
>topic do, document the emerging quality of full humanity!

So you are a materialistic evolutionist who believes that the soul has
evolved. I suspected as much.

>SJ>Current thinking is that Homo sapiens was infiltrating into
>>Western Europe at least 50,000 years ago:
>>
>>"...modern humans appeared in Western Europe 35,000 years ago and
>>their modern behavior is immediately part of the archeological
>>record. Or so it was assumed. Recently, this view has changed.
>>western Europe is now recognized as something of a backwater, and we
>>can discern a transformation sweeping across Europe, from east to
>>west. Beginning about 50,000 years ago, in Eastern Europe, the
>>existing Neanderthal populations disappeared and were replaced by
>>modern humans...." (Leakey R., "The Origin of Humankind", 1994,
>>p94)

There is no demonstrable anatomically modern human on the continent of
Europe prior to 33,850 years ago.

>The same question could be asked if "the Aurignacian was the product of"
>Neanderthal man! The point is that there was no Aurignacian tools until
>Homo sapiens appeared:

No. there were Aurignacian tools before the appearance of modern humans.

"If we can accept, as seems likely, that the Aurignacian was
associated with the spread of Cro-Magnons into Europe, then the timing and
direction of their colonization can be reconstructed. "(Stringer and Gamble,
1993, p. 184)

and

"The identity of the makers of the early Aurignacian in SW France is unknown;
there are no well-dated hominid remains of any subspecies clearly associated
with this period."(Straus et al, 1993, p. 13)

and (AMH=modern humans)

"For one thing, despite a century and a quarter of often intensive
archeological and paleontological research, no remains of AMH attributable to
the period between about 40-30 ka bp (let alone earlier) have been found in
Spain or Portugal. Indeed for all of Europe, well-dated remains of AMH are at
best rare until about 30 ka bp. "(Straus et al, 1993, p. 19)

The entire evidence of modern man in Europe is based upon Aurignacian
tools, not bodies. If this is incorrect point me to one single undisputed
homo sapiens in Europe prior to 33,850 B.P. Cite the reference.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood