Re: Glenn and Gen. 4:22

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Sat, 05 Jul 1997 07:16:10 -0500

At 06:30 PM 7/4/97 -0400, Jim Bell wrote:
>Glenn writes:
>
>>Under Glenn's scenario, Tubal-cain was not the instructor of anyone in the
>>post-Flood world. This presents his theory with a slight problem: direct
>>contradiction with the Bible.
>
>GM <<Well Tubal-cain is not the instructor of anyone here on earth today
>unless
>he is very old. >>
>
>OK, then you tell me what the Bible means when it says he was the
>instructor of EVERY worker in brass and iron. And what it means when it
>says Jubal was the father of ALL such AS HANDLE [present tense] the harp
>and organ?
I really have to watch you like a hawk. I decided to check Strong's Hebrew
concordance. The word you are translating as "Instructor" is not instructor
at all. It is "Yeh-ho-yaw-keem" which comes from two roots, "Yahweh" and
"koom". The literal translation of the Bible that I have translates this as
"hammerer of" not instructor. Thus, your assumption that there must be a
direct line between Tubal-cain and all other iron workers is highly suspect.

Secondly Koom means "Accomplish," "lift up," "make," "perform" "pitch" "raise"
etc.

You need to rethink your translation.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood