Re: Going back...

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:58:39 -0400

At 10:54 PM 6/23/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Chuck Warman:
>>Problem is, all the "Christian" evils you cite are based on *distortions*
>>of the teachings of Jesus,
>
>And if it is so easy for people to "misinterpret" the teachings of
>Jesus, what does that say about the reliability of the objective,
>universal, eternal moral standard?

CW: It is verification that "The heart of man is desperately wicked; who
can
understand it?" (Jeremiah) and "All have sinned and fall short of the Glory
of God" (Paul, in Romans).

Circular reasoning. You assume that the biblical morality is correct since
it is verified by the bible ?
But if the bible states that it is easy to misinterpret its teachings how
do we know what its teachings are unless we are sinless ourselves ?