Re: logic makes a comeback

Brian D Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:29:26 -0400

At 12:47 PM 6/20/97 -0600, James K. Gruetzner wrote:
>On 20 Jun 1997, Jim Bell wrote:
>
>> JB < Can you provide some historical examples of
>> "materialism" correcting bad things done in the name of materialism?
>>
>> RS <Since I already have (Noam Chomsky) and you ignored it, I won't waste
time
>> on this discussion any more.
>>
>> What materialist evil did Noam Chomsky stop?
>
> Or, perhaps, what from materialism corrected the bad things that
>Noam Chomsky advocated? :-)

If memory serves, one of the materialist evils Chomsky put an
end to was behavioral psychology. ;-)

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"Quantum physicist and Jungian analyst, when dropped from
a great height, fall at the same rate of speed, their
descent unaffected by speech or creed" -- David Berlinski