Re: john disects your message!:mutations and reproduction

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 22:40:14 -0500

At 07:26 PM 6/19/97 -0500, john queen wrote:
> In addition, the fossil record
>reveals patterns that natural selection has a hard time explaining. So
>the only real evidence for natural selection is that random mutations can
>contribute to the complexity of a genome thus enabling a selection. This
>in itsself has only be theorized. The evidence for these types of
>mutations is once again the fossil record and the explanation that natural
>selection would pick out the most suited genomes.

John,

You seem to avoid responding to anything I write, which is your right. But
as a geoscientist who has studied the fossil record and the geologic record,
I would be interested in what patterns in the fossil record you feel cannot
be explained by evolution?

Also, have you taken the time to look at the articles I suggested concerning
random mutations? Unfortunately, my experience has been that many of those
who disagree with evolution will not take the time to actually read the
literature of the field. Have you?

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood