Re: logic makes a comeback

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:03:02 -0600

At 06:49 PM 6/12/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Russell:
>
><<I read it. All it proves is that Christianity is *one* system that
>*can* help people. I never said that it was no good. But your claim
>of complete moral superiority of the Christian system over all others
>is just not supported by the evidence.>>
>
>That was not the point.

Yes it is the point. It was this unfounded claim on your part that
sparked off this debate in the first place. I know it's been a
long discussion, but let's not lose track of what it's really about.

>It was an answer to the assertion you made, viz.,
>
><<It's obvious that claiming a transcendent, "objective" standard
>doesn't make people behave any better.>>
>
>Now you are saying that Christianity CAN help people.

OK, you're right; I wasn't totally clear. I didn't mean to imply
that Christianity can't help people. I know that it can and does.
What I meant is that, overall, the Christian moral system has not
proven any more successful than, for example, the humanist moral
system.

Sorry for the confusion.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |