Re: Gospel Reliability

Dario Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:11:31 -0700 (PDT)

On 14 Jun 1997, Jim Bell wrote:

> "All this granted, much remains. The contradictions are of minutiae, not
> substance; in essentials the synoptic Gospels agree remarkably well, and form
> a consistent portrait of Christ....That a few simple men should in one
> generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an
> ethic and so inspiring a vision of human brotherhood, would be a miracle far
> more incredible than any recorded in the Gospels."

Thanks Jim for sending the Durant's quote. I remember reading it several
years ago and it really struck me his assertion than it would have been a
greater miracle to make up (as some has suggested in this forum during the
last weeks) Jesus story that it to have actually happened.

Best Regards,

Dario Giraldo