Re: Why Argue?

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 11:50:10 -0500

At 12:33 PM 6/14/97 EDT, Jim Bell wrote:

> While dogmatic atheists in our culture and universities feel no qualms
>about trumpeting their beliefs, and denigrating the Bible and the Christian
>message, Christians often shrink back from confronting them. Some are worried
>about making a bad impression, and enemies of the Gospel are not averse, as a
>strategic matter, to pointing this out. Thus, a strong defense of Christianity
>might provoke an atheist to label the messenger "arrogant," or some such. It
>is well to remember, however, that worse was said of Paul, and Smith's volume
>is really a tribute to that spirit (indeed, most of the book uses Paul's
>address on Mars Hill as a template for Christian apologetics).

I fully agree with you on this Jim. But we are not going to win the battle
by ignoring observational evidence and we will not win the battle unless we
have a historical framework for the events in Genesis which matches
scientific observation. By this I mean, that we must have scenario which
can not be criticized on a factual basis.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood