Re: logic makes a comeback

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:54:41 -0600

At 01:13 PM 6/12/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Brian writes:
>
><< But Lewis approach
>is really quite different than that being used by most people
>here. Lewis does not start with the premise "God exists" and then
>apply logical consistency or whatever.>>
>
>That's because Lewis is making a different argument. His is the moral
argument
>for God's existence. What Russell has been hammered on is the moral
bankruptcy
>of materialism.

"Moral bankruptcy"? That is nothing less than a bald-faced lie.
I have explained in full not only the source of my morality, but
exactly why it works as well as it does. And I have shown that, by
your definition, Christianity can be shown to be just as morally
bankrupt.

You have distorted my words, you have ignored my serious questions
and arguments, you have applied a ridiculous double-standard, and
you have hung your coat on blatantly irrational arguments. And
you *still* have the nerve to assert that your moral system is
superior to mine? How on earth do you manage to take yourself
seriously?

>The two will converge when Russell confronts Lewis on the source for his
>"empathy."

I have already discussed the source of my empathy, and you have
completely ignored my posts on the subject. Do you really think
that you're fooling anyone?

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |