Re:evolution?and faith and Re:darwin's fish:follow me:read close

john queen (john.queen.ii@mail.utexas.edu)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:56:57 -0600

To: evolution@calvin.edu, <entheta@eskimo.com>
From: john queen <john.queen.ii@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: evolution? and faith and Re: Darwin's fish:follow me
Cc: john.queen.ii@mail.edu
Bcc: john.queen.ii@mail.utexas.edu

----Okay: I think you need to get out of the history books and into the
biochemistry books.

For instance, despite the ignorance that has been spread by the
theories of evolution, even if I do mutate a new arm(for example) during my
life time my kids will never know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's real BASIC, your reprodutive organs must foster the
mutations(ie.. sperm development between your legs) or the mutations must
occur during conception. It's that simple. Biology 101.
So reguardless of external 'pressures' they mean nothing in the
context of DNA mutation. So even if a mutation was made that favored a
certain species to survive(which has never been observed) then this code is
a candidate for the same random genetic mutations that got it there no
matter how usefull the new triat was to the animal.
Asking me to give a reference to how many mutations are required
for an eye is really funny. You would be an idiot in the scientific
community if you published a paper on how many genetic mutations are
required to code for an eye. First of all the question makes no sense. Do
you think that the DNA coding for the development of an eye is just some
simple little code that is only in one location with no interruptions in
the code. Do you think anyone knows the code for all of the genetic
information behind it's development? If you were to answer this question
you would need a starting point. As you probably do not know several
codons may code for the same amino acid. So it makes a big difference as
to where you start. Lastly, I feel really stupid answering this question
since the random creation of an eye from any sequence of DNA could and
would never happen. When given the fact that each succesive generation
would expose the same genetic code to the same mutation it's even more
ludicrous.
I really think that you need to take a serious look at a biochem
book. There you will find out that everything isn't as simple as it may
sound.
Am I sure that all of the intermediate steps are random? Did I
miss something? It's all random mutations right?
ACHALLENGE TO EVERYONE: IN LIGHT OF PIMS COMMENT:

pim: Mutations are not limited to duplication of genetic material.

Give me an example of genetic mutations thats will effect the next
generation that do not include mutations that occur in the reproductive
organs or during conception.

john w queen ii

please include my comments in full followed by your comments,, context
means something