Re: logic makes a comeback

Russell Stewart (diamond@rt66.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:27:25 -0600

At 06:40 PM 6/11/97 EDT, you wrote:
>><<It's obvious that claiming a transcendent, "objective" standard
>>doesn't make people behave any better.>>
>
>>Another made up "fact."
>
>RS <<"Made up" from thousands of years of history.>>
>
>You actually believe that thousands of years of history proves that
>Christianity has not made people behave any better? Please cite some
>references from history to back up this ludicrous claim.

Have you even been paying attention? The Crusades. Witch-burning. Joseph
McCarthy's accomplishments. The Inquisition. Homophobia. Slavery. Murder
of abortion doctors. All of these attrocities were committed by people who
were devout Christians. Is Christianity directly responsible for their actions?
No. They were responsible for their actions. But it certainly shows that
people are not any less inclined to be immoral just because they happen to
believe in God.

Of course, you dismiss these things because they disprove your point. But
they will not go away, and I certainly won't let you distort the truth
in order to force your beliefs down people's throats.

| Russell Stewart |
| http://www.rt66.com/diamond/ |
| Albuquerque, New Mexico | diamond@rt66.com |

2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.