Re: Testimony

Brian D Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Sat, 07 Jun 1997 23:08:01 -0400

At 06:02 PM 6/6/97 -0400, Pim wrote:

> hamilton @ predator.cs.gmr.com
>06-06-97 11:05 AM
>To: evolution @ calvin.edu
>cc:
>Subject: Re: Testimony
>
>At 5:50 PM -0400 6/5/97, Pim van Meurs wrote:
>>Perhaps they felt they stood for the truth but were hiding the nasty
>>incident of a Jesus which was not resurrected in fear it would destroy the
>>faith of many ?
>
>Hamilton: Lying is standing for the truth?
>
>The truth they stood for might have been larger than the lie they had to
>continue. What alternative was there ? Admitting to themselves and others
>that their 'savior' had been all but such ? A small price to pay to insure
>the continuance of the faith of many.

Pim, I think your objection stems from a lack of understanding of
Christian doctrines. There is absolutely no point in having faith
without the resurrection. The continuance of a faith which was
worthless could hardly have been a motivation for lying.

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"Quantum physicist and Jungian analyst, when dropped from
a great height, fall at the same rate of speed, their
descent unaffected by speech or creed" -- David Berlinski