Re: No logic.. only Foolishness.

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:47:32 -0400

At 11:38 AM -0400 6/4/97, Jim Bell wrote:
>If you delve into the quintilemma in full, I think you'll see that the
>excluded "alternatives" violate the rule of probability. E.g., that Jesus
>"could have just been having fun" is so weak it is not a real alternative at
>all. The quintilemma depends on reasonableness, and holds up solidly.

My point was that, without even considering what alternatives might exist,
the fact that people from all walks of life have believed in Him over 2000
years is difficult to dismiss. He might be able to fool some people, but
the spectrum of people you would have to label as fooled, deluded, etc. is
so braod, you'd be indicting essentially all of humanity. Mass delusion
over 2000 years seems absurd to me.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr, Ph.D. | Staff Research Engineer
Chassis and Vehicle Systems | General Motors R&D Center | Warren, MI
William_E._Hamilton@notes.gmr.com
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX) | whamilto@mich.com (home email)