Re: logic makes a comeback

Adrian Teo (AdrianTeo@mailhost.net)
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 16:45:58 -0700

Steve Stolz wrote:

> While I'm no expert, Catholism does not *assume* the existence of God
> and the absolute authority of written scripture (sola scriptura).

Like many, it appears that you have been given false information about
Catholism. I am a Catholic, and we unquestioningly believe in the
existence of God. The authority of Scripture is absolute, but is shared
with Tradition.

> Catholism begins by approaching the Bible as any other ancient work,
> and from textual criticism concludes that the accuracy of the
> text is more certain than the accuracy of any other ancient work.

All liberal theologians (protesants and Catholics) do that, but that is
not exactly mainstream.

-- ******************************Adrian TeoInstitute of Child DevelopmentUniversity of MinnesotaE-mail: AdrianTeo@mailhost.net******************************