No Biological theory of race!!!!

Thom Quinn (swo@execpc.com)
Thu, 22 May 1997 14:23:25 -0500

John queen wrote:

>Im not racist at all and in fact have friends who i dearly respect
>representing each continent. However, when your talking about >evolution, you cant help but talk about race.

Actually, you are a racist...you believe in something called races!
Darwin was a racist too. Most people untrained in biology think that
these things exist and there is good evidence too. There is no such
thing a RACE in a biological sense! This is not just some "liberal
idealism" it is reality.

The most recent genetic evidence from Human Biodiversity project
confirms what most biologists and anthropologists have thought for a
long time now: races just do not exist because the genes are almost
identical in all people. Anyone who has conducted autopsies on people of
different races knows this.... remove the skin and the facial features,
and we are all the same. There are more structural, genetic, and
chemical differences between men and women than between a so-called
black man and a white woman

There is a theory of biological species! There is NOT a theory of
biological races. That is the reason people can not draw specific,
clear-cut lines between races…they are of cultural origin like most of
our personal schemas.

The 21st century will finally be the first century where people
understand that race is really just a biological figment.

Cultural and ethnic differences do exist, but they are no genetic or
biological.

Thom Quinn