Re: Origin of life, thermodynamics

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:23:38 -0400

Pim van Meurs wrote:

> SJ: Evolutionists must claim evolution operates at this highest level if
> evolution is to function for them as a substitute for God. But the

> Evolution and god can coexist peacefully, each in its own realm. So your
> assertion what evolutionists must claim is erroneous and founded in an
> incorrect definition of evolution rather than in a real problem.

Adrian:
Seems like you have just redefined God. If there is a realm which this
entity you call "god" is excluded, then that entity is not God, as
conceived by the Judeo-Christian tradition. Perhaps I have misunderstood
you...

Perhaps the requirement or even the idea that the judeo-christian
tradition requires god to have an active role in his 'creation' is what
causes the problem here ? If a god acted through evolution then both can
exist piecefully in their own realm. God in his/her religious realm and
evolution in the realm of science.

Science has nothing to say about an untestable hypothesis of a god and god
or religion needs not have a place/role in science for science to be able
to function.