Re: Oldest Stone Tools and Intelligence

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Sun, 23 Mar 97 21:13:29 +0800

Group

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 22:08:35 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:

GM>Since Glenn carefully selects the "field", he ensures that he will
>always win.

SJ>Sometimes I didn't think you noticed that I was winning! :-)

I have not "noticed that" Glenn "was winning". I said "...from his
self-limited perspective, he is right in his own eyes at least."

SJ>"...The modern humans that apparently replaced the Neandertals
were, in less than half their tenure, walking on the moon!' (Wilcox
D., in Templeton J.M. & Herrmann R.L., "Is God the Only Reality?",
1994, p135)

GM>Concerning Wilcox's views, I would refer anyone interested to my
>letter in Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith, Sept, 1996,
>p. 212 His material was quite outdated averaging something like 12
>years old, thus his conclusions were also outdated.

This is just another example of Glenn trying to disqualify rivals so
he doesn't have to consider their arguments. Even granted that some
of "Wilcox's views" may be wrong and "His material...outdated",
his central claim that "modern humans that apparently replaced the
Neandertals were, in less than half their tenure, walking on the
moon" is surely beyond dispute?

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 9 448 7439 (These are |