Re: 1. Early man needed clothing; Elephant burial

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Thu, 20 Mar 97 06:05:19 +0800

Group

On Thu, 06 Mar 1997 22:58:01 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:

SJ>Glenn believes that "the creativity of archaic hominids" was such
>that:
>
>1. An australopithecine/Homo habilis/homo erectus called Noah built
>a three-decker Ark 5.5 mya.

GM>Stephen You admitted that H. erectus could have built a boat and
>now you are back to criticising me for what you once admitted. tsk.

For the umpteenth time, I repeat that while have always admitted that
"H. erectus" may have used "primitive water transport", a "raft" or
even a "dugout log", I have *never*, as far as I am aware, said that
"H. erectus could have built a boat". Here are extracts from at
least *four* of my posts pointing this out:

1.