Re: F.Y.I.

Brian D Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Sat, 08 Mar 1997 18:15:33 -0500

At 11:10 PM 3/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Are you interested in a home based business that is very
>rewarding on both a full or part time basis?
>
>The formula: your computer+our program=$MONEY$
>
>For more obligation free information, email me!

Wow, a new information measure. We have Shannon entropy,
algorithmic information, functional information, effective
information, complex specified information and now

obligation free information, OFI

Ah, but can it be measured objectively? And if we measure it,
is it still free?

Let's see, if an archer shoots an arrow at a barn, we should
feel no obligation to check if he hit the target. And if he
drew a target after the fact? Hey, why should we care? Its
OFI.

;-)

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"Should I refuse a good dinner simply because I
do not understand the process of digestion?"
-- Oliver Heaviside