Re: sheep anyone?

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:24:25 -0500

At 4:04 PM 2/25/97, Rick Becker wrote:

>The first question that came to my mind remains unresolved to me, and that
>is a question of the clonee's spiritual condition. How, if at all, does
>that person's soul relate to that of the donor? Does the redemptive work of
>Christ get passed on, if the donor is a Christian? Etc., etc. Just as in
>physics, science and theology are colliding. I think this is an excellent
>forum for discussing such an issue.

It seems to me that the clone would be a totally separate person, who would
have to hear and respond to the gospel of Christ him/herself to be saved.
We do have situations that may be something like that of donor and clone:
identical twins. In the case of identical twins, we don't expect that if
one is saved, the other necessarily will be.

2 cents worth from a nonexpert...

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr, Ph.D. | Staff Research Engineer
Chassis and Vehicle Systems | General Motors R&D Center | Warren, MI
William_E._Hamilton@notes.gmr.com
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX) | whamilto@mich.com (home email)