Re: Why the Flood can not be in Mesopotamia

Brian D Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:56:41 -0500

At 09:46 PM 2/23/97 +0800, Steve Jones wrote:

[...]

>I once wanted the "Christian fellowship" of TEs like Glenn and
>Brian, but their sustained personal attacks on me over the space of
>two years has made that difficult, if not impossible. I forgive them
>for what they have said, but I cannot forget it. Brian's `poll'
>for me was the decisive turning point. I realised that I was
>subconsciously afraid that if I attacked TE *positions* hard, my
>*person* would be attacked back hard by TEs in return. But Brian's
>`poll' has made me realise that I was being increasingly attacked
>personally by TEs anyway, so what did I have to lose? Nothing.

Well, I'm sure no one will be surprised that my recollection of
what has transpired differs somewhat from Steve's. Be that as it
may, I will take Steve at his word and propose the following:

First I'll give a list of some of the people on this reflector
whose judgement and wisdom I trust:

Art Chadwick
Burgy
Gordon Simons
Loren Haarsma
Terry Gray
Bill Hamilton
Del Ratzsch
David Tyler
Howard Van Till
Paul Nelson
Stan Zygmunt

Hopefully no one is offended by not being on this list, I could
have made it much longer. Also, I didn't include some people
whom I'm sure Steve would not consider objective.

I propose that you select (publicly) three (or more) of these
individuals. If those selected are willing then I would invite
them to send me their assessments of my behavior. I will abide
by whatever decision is reached.

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"Should I refuse a good dinner simply because I
do not understand the process of digestion?"
-- Oliver Heaviside