Re: Gravity and Catastrophy

Fernando Prada (fernando.prada@mailbox.swipnet.se)
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 01:04:33 +0100 (MET)

Peter Grice wrote:

>Greetings all,

>Unfortunately I recently got to thinking. Is it at all possible a
>catastrophy such as the fall of the canopy of water during the Noahic flood
>effected a change in the constant of gravity (since earth mass increased),
>resulting in megafauna (dinosaurs) and/or megaflora either dying out
>altogether, or suffering a reduced lifespan? Or could a change in gravity
>have occurred as a result of the earth's electromagnetic fields having at
>some point decreased in intensity? Just an idle thought of mine, and since
>I am not knowledgeable in these things I'd like to hear your thoughts.
My answer:

I can only think about two answers. The most simple is:
If the Noahic flood came, it obviously contained water. This material that
already exist on earth and always has its origin on earth can change in
different shapes but the origin is the same.
If you build a house, you don´t add the earth´s mass anything. The material
you need to build the house comes from the earth already.
The population explosion can not for example influence the earth´s mass.
Why would the water do it in the shape of the Noahic flood?

The second thing, which is more difficult:
If the Noahic flood came from God, it can be possible that it has its
origin from an extra terrestrial place. In that case it would influied the
mass of the earth and indirect the earth´s gravity.
But where is this extra terrestrial origin? Heaven can be logic, but also
illogical - who can speculate where heaven is and where it can be?
It can even be a place on earth. It is not possible that heaven is in
another planet, its rather another dimension in the Universe or in another
Universe - we have then no idea if this Flood was an extra mass on earth.

This is a cuestion that can have very long and strange answers.

Fernando.