Re: John Morris claims to be a geologist again.

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:52:59 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, Glenn Morton wrote:

> Today on the Radio Program Science Scripture and Salvation, John Morris
> called himself "a Creationist geologist, a geologist". He then encouraged
> the listeners to be sure that everything they do and think is firmly
> grounded in the Word of God. Why does this not include not exaggerating
> one's training?
>
> Jim Long, the announcer, later called John a Flood geologist. Since John is
> an engineer,I find this continual claim of geological expertise to be wrong.

Hi Glenn of Purghermeugatatory Fame,
Isn't this interesting, and I always thought he was a geologist! Why is
it that many of the world's leading (and vocal) opponents of evolution are
from non-biological disciplines?

Henry Morris--hydraulic engineer
John Morris--engineer
Hugh Ross--astronomy
Phil Johnson--lawyer

If any of their followers had a sore tooth, I am sure they would find a
dentist. But why do they trust the assessment of biological origins by
these non-biologists?

Oh, oh . . . was that a 'priestly robes' argument??? Awaiting the BELL to
ring ;-)

Regards,
Denis

Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."